Wednesday, February 10, 2010

To bad we don't have kids...

I say that only because I. Don't. Sleep. I have no idea what is going on but I am hoping that by 9:15 on Friday a.m. a doctor has a remedy. Most nights I wake up around 1 a.m. for any sort of reason; I dreamed something, I think I heard something, I think I heard something or I think I heard something. I toss for a while, get hot, get up, go to the guest room or couch...lay there for a while, doze off and on and then go back to bed at 4 a.m. Typically I wake Chad during this process - you know, "Can i turn the TV on?" He loves to hear my voice at those odd hours, I just know he does. Well, this a.m. might have been the breaking point. I went to bed at 9:00 p.m. with a HORRIBLE headache (thank you cocktail hour...I have to start eating when I have beverage or two...). This included taking a Excederin migraine (which is rare), putting a sleep mask on and asking everyone to be quiet. I finally fell asleep close to 10 p.m. and then woke up thinking I heard Eddie barking at 1 a.m. He wasn't. It was a dream but a really real one. I asked Chad if I could turn the TV on (just for reassurance), watched TV til 2 a.m., decided to move to the couch. Got there, realized I needed to use the potty, got there and realized I was blessed with my monthly visitor (does it get any better?), got back to the couch, realized I really could use a Midol but to hell with that...dozed off and on and got back to bed at 4 am...alarm went off at 6:30 a.m. for the treadmill and luckily we have SNOW so I was able to lay around til 7. I did get on the treadmill (my boss had text me to take my time coming in!) for 30 minutes; thank you highlight of the a.m., and proceeded on with my routine. In dog news, Eddie seemed a bit grumpy today. He did lay on the bed and watch me on the treadmill which I believe is true love and admiration. Perhaps he is cross eyed from it so when I leaned in for the hug - he was a bit overwhelmed? Emma on the other hand has warmed up to the snow. She found some great frozen poop treats in the yard. She was obsessed. GAG ME.

Did I mention our kitchen sink is stopped up and has been out of commission for 48 hours now? Yes, that is great fun for a dog who needs his food soaked and then drained and for those of us that like to rinse things off, and just use the sink. Maybe seeing a frozen hose, mud, mulch, leaves and snow in my kitchen last night started the headache. I'm not sure, bottom line I need a few things: 1. sink to be fixed by my non plumber Husband who swears he can fix it (Mr. Plumber, we'll be calling you soon), 2. Cramps to ease up - come on 3.) Sleep to happen upon me one glorious night 4.) John Mayer concert to be fun and safe...We don't get snow often so when we do - it's monumental. There was actually no mention of much snow last night and then about 4:30 it started to POUR snow...and it POURED for 2+ hours...and under it is ice. Oh yes, this is the big kind of winter weather. Police actually blocked off some roads last night because of the idiots out driving (not us, of course). Another headache prompter, I believe. Oh, and let me clarify. I did not drink and drive. I had a cocktail after work. Got home and Chad drove us in the ice and snow. What fun (not).

So Wednesday, here I face you. Not as motivated as yesterday, coffee, blueberries and Cocoa roasted almonds in hand. It's 10:00 a.m. - what am I going to accomplish today?

1 comment: