Thursday, June 17, 2010

Today we're tackling May

Oh yes, we are...and then it will be..OMG.. JUNE! (Just in time for July, right?).

I feel like today is the calm before the storm. I know I'm supposed to be catching up on May, but let's just process the next few weeks.

Tomorrow, off work (WHOOHOO!). I'll pick up a wife of one of Chad's co-workers and we'll drive to the Cool Springs, TN area to meet our hubs. It's their work summer conference. Today the men are golfing all day and drinking and then watching basketball tonight. It is bad I'm UBER excited to have a night to myself? A morning to try to sleep in past 6:30??? I can't wait. And, I'll be glad to see Chad, of course. We'll go to a meeting w/ the boys tomorrow afternoon and then to a Cartoon Character Themed Dinner (really. Really?) Saturday I'll have all day free and Chad will get free midday. Unfortunately I won't have a pool to lay out by (BOOO) but Chad has devoted the day to "us" so whatever we do, I guess I should be thankful. There will be a "dress up" dinner that night and then back home on Sunday.

Next week will start another storm. We have our 3 hour Board Planning on Tuesday, haircut and color Tuesday afternoon (which is JUST AS IMPORTANT as Board Planning) and then I leave on Thursday for Orlando. For 9 days. For a sorority convention. It sounded fun months ago but now I'm not sure. I PRAY that the free time we have prior to and after is solely spent by a pool with cocktails. Even if I'm the only one old enough to drink. And no, I'm not confused and thinking I'm still in college, I've just devoted my sanity to being an advisor....again, more cocktails.

So, May...Hi...How are you? Where you been?

Well, according to my planner (because I live by it). This is where we been:

Week of May 3rd - Metings and worked like a dog for our largest fundraiser the Mini Corvette Challenge...a 3 day event. FUN FUN FUN...WORK WORK WORK. A huge success - which we desperately needed for our morale and budget!

Week of May 10th - It's breakfast time - Appreciation Breakfast in Simpson County that I coordinated and conducted. Then - the best part of the month (if not year so far) - OFF TO COLUMBUS to see my best friend KELLEY!!! WHOOHOO! Now, let me just say - COLUMBUS, OH - I LOVE YOU. I love your SHOPPING (OMG). I love your restaurants, I love your bars, I love your shopping, I love you! LOVE YOU!



Chad went with and Kel's boyfriend came up. We went to a fabulous "upscale" Mexican Resty that night...then to one of Kel's favorite dive bars. Saturday she and I shopped in some fabulous area (hello new dress and new shoes), had drinks at lunch (you really can do that) and just enjoyed pure, delightful friendship. Chad golfed and Todd ran errands.

That night we met up w/ Kel's cousin and her hubs and we went to a Clipper's Game. I actually drank beer (!) and had fun at a game (I'm not your sports gal!). Chad, of course, was a trooper!



We left on Sunday and I loved every minute of being with Kelley and having Chad there too...

Week of 17th - Another breakfast in Logan County...another success!

Week of 24th - Sex and the City movie week! Need I say more?
That weekend, an important little buddy graduated high school. I've kept this family of 3 boys for about 8+ years. They were in my wedding if that tells you how much I love them. The oldest graduated this year. OMG!

Here we are years ago at a soccer game. I was often mistaken as their mom - which is a huge compliment (she ROCKS). When I was in college and would stay w/ them for a week - we'd go to dinner and they would start calling me "MOM" which would mortify me. People gave me "that look" like I was really a 20 year old mother of 3!!!



and at my rehearsal dinner:


and wedding:


Those pics were almost 2 years ago and they are all just as handsome as ever...I am a lucky lady to have been blessed by their family.

Well, I think that's it for May...June...get ready, we're going for July!

No comments:

Post a Comment