Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Leaving for 9 days

Tomorrow I'll be heading to Orlando (hold your jealousy) for a sorority conference. Luckily the conference doesn't start until Saturday, and only runs through Tuesday. That means I have tomorrow, Friday, Wednesday and Thursday free. Now you can be jealous. I don't think I could handle 9 days of "Oh My Gosh! Chi Omega for Life." No, I know I couldn't. I am excited to go to the resort we're at (because the convention hotel booked up) and to lay out and read. That's all I care about. I heard Disney is there, but fighting the crowds in the heat...Eeek. Oh well, I'll try to rally for one trip (I do have a free pass) but otherwise, I claim my time. There are 3 collegiates going with us; who I think will behave and then one advisor who has poor health and I pray doesn't get very ill. (Why she thinks she needs to go???) So...we'll see how this plays out.

I haven't slept the past few nights. I guess it's anxiety or stress? I'm taking all the pills I have for that! I have loads to pack, to fold, dishwasher to unload, weeds to pull, weeds to spray, flowers to water, notes to leave my husband to water, notes to leave my husband to make sure the dogs have water....See....

Anyhow, we went to Nashville this past weekend for Chad's conference. He had a large night Thursday while on his boys night - and I just beat that by having a LARGE night on Friday...Chad likes to say when I started yelling (he is really being dramatic) at another lady it was time to put me to bed. I'm telling you - free cocktails are dangerous...And so where the two at the bar and so was the one when we got back from the bar. Oh my. Saturday Chad had meetings and I drug myself out of bed around 10:30 to go lay out w/ another wife (who is only weeks away from delivering). I think the sweating and soaking in water from a pool cured me!

We had the "fancy dinner" that night - where I could barely get down 2 glasses of wine (at least I tried).

Here are some pics. We were a Scoobie Doo team for Friday. I don't normally wear the Scoobs out to bars!!



And then a bit more sober and professional looking :)


It's nice to be included in Chad's work conference. They even have a meeting just for spouses, and have the spouses attend the opening session - which is really nice as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment