Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Nahm Lately

I took off Friday - MUCH NEEDED - but instead of resting or piddling...I launched into a full on project. By Myself. I had purchased some bedding two weeks ago for our guest room - the room we ran out of steam and money on when we renovated the bachelor pad before the wedding. I remembered why we didn't tackle that room. Can we say wood laqured trim? Everywhere? Can we say it all had to be PRIMED and then painted with OIL BASED paint? Oh fun. Anyhow, I managed, by myself, to paint two coats of paint on the walls, edge the whole room and then prime and paint the trim. The door, closet doors and window probably need another coat but after 72 hours of painting, I just wanted the damn room DONE...so....I put it all back together and will think about painting another coat...Sometime...
Here is the new room...Note I need a new valance, some artwork and some pillows for the shams.These closet doors were a B*&TC*
I also decided last night, as if I hadn't done enough, I could start on a picture wall in the Pool Table room...(Chad will love this when he tries to play pool).And thanks to Savannah; my inspiration wall behind our bed, is complete:
While we didn't leave the house this weekend, we did celebrate some birthdays two weekends ago. It was a fun night out. We stayed out til 11, gasp! I got to dance...and dancing with girlfriends can be fun!
Whew...I'm ready for some more time off!

No comments:

Post a Comment